Applicants must have one of the following prerequisites:
- Grade 12 diploma from a Canadian high school or an equivalent level institution worldwide
- Successful completion of the Government Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Apply as a mature student (over 19) and successfully complete the Canadian Tourism College Entrance Exam with a minimum 65%
- Have completed a tourism or hospitality-related program at the Canadian Tourism College or another institution with review
Requirements for English as a Second Language (ESL) Students
If English is not your first language, you must also have one of the following prerequisites:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.5 or higher, or equivalent
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 163 or higher (computer-based), 57 or higher (Internet-based), or equivalent
- Level 5 ESL training from an ESL school
- CTC in-person (written at a CTC campus) English assessment with a score of 65% or better OR CTC online English assessment with a score of 70% or better
Note: a Skype or telephone interview may be required.
Complete Your English Assessment
Online English Assessment
For CTC’s online English assessment, a passing grade is considered 70% or better.
In-Person English Assessment
You can also complete the English assessment in-person at one of our campuses. In-person, on-campus tests require a passing grade of 65% or better.