Students are required to have one of the following prerequisites to qualify for enrollment into a Canadian Tourism College Diploma or Certificate program:
- Grade 12 graduation from a Canadian High School or an equivalent level institution Worldwide;
- Successful completion of the Government Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D);
- To apply as a mature student, the student must be over 19 years of age and successfully complete the Canadian Tourism College Entrance Exam with a passing grade of 65%.
- Have completed a tourism or hospitality related program at CTC, or another institution.
Requirements for English as a Second Language (ESL) Students
If English is not the first language of the student, one of the following prerequisites is required to be admitted into this program:
- International English Language Testing System IELTS score of 5.5 or higher or equivalent English language benchmark verified by the institution.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language TOEFL score CBT 163, IBT 57 or equivalent verified by the institution.
- Level 5 ESL training from Vancouver International College or equivalent from another ESL school, or a minimum of 2 semesters full-time of non-ESL studies at an English speaking secondary or post-secondary institution.
- Canadian Tourism College English Assessment (written onsite) with a score of 65%.
- Canadian Tourism College online English assessment with a score of 70%.
*Effective January 2020 our English requirements for all programs (excluding the Flight Attendant diploma) will be updated to the following:
- IELTS score of 6.0 or higher with no band below 5.5, or equivalent
- TOEFL score CBT 211, IBT 78 or equivalent
- Canadian Tourism College English Assessment (written onsite) with a score of 70%
- Canadian Tourism College online English assessment with a score of 75%
Note: a Skype or telephone interview may be required.
Complete Your English Assessment
Online English Assessment
A passing grade is considered 70% or better is considered a passing grade.
In-Person English Assessment
You can also complete the English assessment in-person at one of our campuses. In-person, on-campus tests require a passing grade of 65% or better.