Students are required to have one of the following prerequisites to qualify for enrollment into a Canadian Tourism College Diploma or Certificate program:
- Grade 12 graduation from a Canadian High School or an equivalent level institution Worldwide;
- Successful completion of the Government Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D);
- To apply as a mature student, the student must be over 19 years of age and successfully complete the Canadian Tourism College Entrance Exam with a passing grade of 65%.
- Have completed a tourism or hospitality related program at CTC, or another institution.
Requirements for English as a Second Language (ESL) Students
If English is not the first language of the student, one of the following prerequisites is required to be admitted into the Hospitality or Travel and Tourism programs:
- IELTS score of 6.0 or higher with no band below 5.5, or equivalent
- TOEFL score CBT 211, IBT 78 or equivalent
- Canadian Tourism College English Assessment (written onsite) with a score of 70%
- Canadian Tourism College online English assessment with a score of 75%
If English is not the first language of the student, one of the following prerequisites is required to be admitted into the Flight Attendant program:
- International English Language Testing System IELTS score of 5.5 or higher or equivalent English language benchmark verified by the institution.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language TOEFL score CBT 163, IBT 57 or equivalent verified by the institution.
- ESL training from our pathway partners.
- Canadian Tourism College English Assessment (written onsite) with a score of 65%.
- Canadian Tourism College online English assessment with a score of 70%.
Note: a Skype or telephone interview may be required.
Complete Your English Assessment
Online English Assessment
A passing grade is considered 70% or better is considered a passing grade.
In-Person English Assessment
You can also complete the English assessment in-person at one of our campuses. In-person, on-campus tests require a passing grade of 65% or better.