Thanks to its reputation and graduate success, CTC has been chosen to launch a new and exciting program that will guide internationally trained nurses through the Canadian nursing certification process, leading to employment anywhere in Canada.
Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice
This program gives Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) the opportunity to integrate their learning concepts and experiences into the Canadian healthcare environment.
A hands-on approach will guide students through understanding not just Canadian healthcare, but the steps and tools needed to complete and pass the examinations required to become a certified Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Canada.
You can choose to take a certificate with or without paid co-op work experience.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice – 45 weeks of instruction
- Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice with Co-op – 81 weeks of instruction including 36 weeks of Co-op
Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice – 45 weeks of instruction / 81 weeks with Co-Op
- Canadian English Language Benchmark Assessment for Nurses (CELBAN)
- Professional Practice
- Professional Communication
- Physical Examination
- Maternal, Newborn, & Pediatrics
- Variations in Health
- Mental Health Nursing
- Nursing Preparation Review
Why you should enroll with CTC:
- Developed by professional Canadian nurses who are experts in the nursing certification process.
- Taught by industry professionals who have gone through the Canadian certification process themselves.
- Guaranteed Co-op job placements in Canada.
- Step-by-step, hands-on approach to assist students from English certification to final exam success.
- Eligibility to start the process for Canadian Permanent Residency.
- Live and work in Canada!
You’ll be taught by someone who knows exactly what the process is like to get certified in Canada – because she’s done it herself. Meet Jackie:
Jackie Godia, RN
With over 10 years of teaching experience and international nursing experience, Jackie received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing in Manila, Philippines. She has worked in the Philippines, the UAE, and now Canada.
She is a Registered Nurse in Canada with a current practicing license. She is also TESOL and IDP certified, and a CPR instructor.
Jackie has been working with internationally trained nurses to prepare them for the process and examinations of getting recognized as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Canada for almost 5 years.
Every one of Jackie’s students who have taken the National Exam have passed on their first attempt.
- A minimum score of 5.5 on IELTS (academic or general)
- Valid RN registration from your home country (proof of registration will be required)
Co-Op Certificate Additional Requirements
- Standard First Aid and CPR C
- Criminal Record Check
- Negative TB Skin Test or Chest X-Ray
- Mask Fit Testing and immunizations as required by Co-Op Placement Site
How to Apply
If you would like to begin the application process, or have questions about the program you can:
- Complete the Request for Information Form
- Call campus toll free at 1-877-731-9810
Check out our tuition and fees for all of our programs.